Daryl R. Kas
• • • • •
Registered Geologist, California
Certified Engineering Geologist, California
BS Geology, California State University Long Beach, California, 2001
USEPA 40-hour HAZWOPER Training, 2013
Fundamentals of Professional Practice Course, 2018
Mr. Kas began his career as a staff geologist and has progressed to a senior geologist at Southern California Geotechnical, Inc. (SCG). For over 17 years, he has managed geotechnical investigations related to engineering geology, geologic hazards, slope stability, and liquefaction.
Mr. Kas has extensive experience in:
- geological/geotechnical subsurface investigations; (drilling, sampling, trenching, and rock coring)
- geologic mapping;
- geologic/geotechnical feasibility investigation;
- geologic hazard studies;
- fault studies;
- landslide evaluations;
- photo-geologic interpretation;
- detail-oriented data and literature reviews/research; and
- floor level surveys and forensic investigation.
Mr. Kas has performed numerous geological/geotechnical engineering studies for the following type of projects:
- Commercial/Industrial – Concrete tilt-up distribution/warehouse buildings less than 100,000 ft² to over 1,000,000± ft² in size</span
- Office – Low to mid-rise office buildings with associated parking structures
- Residential – Single-family and multi-family residential buildings to hill-side grading residential developments.
- Retail/Restaurant – Multi-tenant retail buildings, chain restaurant buildings, and nation-wide banks
Mr. Kas currently has responsibility of overall management of the geotechnical/geologic field staff. His current duties also include proposal and report preparation, project oversight and status, field supervision for geotechnical investigation, and preparation of geotechnical and geologic reports. Mr. Kas is a Professional Geologist and a Certified Engineering Geologist in the state of California. He values participation in industry associations and is currently a member of the Association of Environmental and Engineering Geologists (AEG).
Southern California Geotechnical, Inc.
Yorba Linda, California
Staff Geologist to Senior Geologist
January 2002 to Present